Technology & Your Rights
In this lesson, students will read about the concept of rights and how it relates to technology. The reading will describe what rights are and why we should be concerned about how technology impacts our rights. It asks students to consider:
(1) Have you ever thought about how technology can help us to exercise our rights?
(2) Have you ever thought about how technology can limit our rights?
There are three objectives or goals of this exercise:
(1) Become informed about what civil rights and human rights are.
(2) Explore the kinds of rights that could be affected by technology.
(3) Consider how governments, companies, and individuals can contribute to solutions.
This lesson is designed for high-school students or middle school students that need a challenge.
The learning exercises are meant to be used in conjunction with the reading. They are designed so that they can be used together or separately depending on your time limitations
|Product Overview Video|
|Grade Level(s)||9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, Higher Education, Adult Education, Home School, Not Grade Specific|
|Number of Pages||12|